We frequently talk about the fact that each kitchen is as unique as the family that uses it. No two kitchens are ever the same! But there are common design principles and ideas that guide most of AK's kitchen designs. From galley kitchens to U-shaped, L-shaped and everything in-between, our remodeling team can tailor each kitchen space to your unique needs. Here are some basic kitchen design recommendations based on your space:
- In a kitchen broken up by several doorways, the solution might be an island-based layout that divides the
AK Kitchen Design
- The "L-shape-with-island" layout has become popular in contemporary design. The configuration can accommodate a long island while enclosing the kitchen on only two sides, leaving the room mostly open to adjacent living areas. A long L trades the traditional work triangle approach for widely separated zones -- one for cooking, one for prep/clean up, and one for food storage. The island acts as a way station -- an intermediate stop between zones.
- An L-plus-island layout is the epitome of efficiency and simplicity. The island sink, range, and refrigerator
AK Kitchen Design
- A basic U-shape layout combines galley efficiency and intimacy with the openness of contemporary plans. One hardworking wall could hold the refrigerator, cooktop, and a wall oven. A sink sharing a second wall with the dishwasher, forms a convenient cleanup zone.A two-level island would complete the kitchen, providing prep space for the cook and an eating/beverage bar for guests.
- See more kitchen layout examples on Better Homes & Gardens site & talk to your Atlanta kitchen design professional by contacting AK: http://www.akatlanta.com/Atlanta-Kitchen-Renovations-By-AK