Atlanta Highrise Remodel
How can you add value, bolster functionality and livability in your home without spending a fortune? This is a common question we receive. While the answer is different for every home and every family, we can share the formula we engineered for this AK client purchasing a condo in Atlanta. AK recently completed this Atlanta highrise condo renovation project that encompassed many parts of this home:
- The engineered floors were sanded and a darker stain was added. This dramatically improved and updated the look of the whole space. Having nice floors is like having a good bone structure!
- Sometimes it's all about appearance. The grout on all the tile was dirty, but the budget did not allow for all new tile. AK scraped out the grout and replaced the grout with the same tiles, so that the tile floor looked new. This will give the tile a longer life, better protection from moisture and a prettier aesthetic!
- The laundry and front closet flooring was removed and tiled to match the rest of the tile in the house. Because storage space is at a premium, in the laundry area AK built a platform to support the stacked washer and dryer and then built shelves for additional storage. A basic closet system was also installed in the master bath closet. You can see "before" pictures on our website: http://www.akatlanta.com/Atlanta-Condo-Renovation
- The master bath now has 2 sinks, colonial cream granite and additional storage was added over the toilet with new counter and cabinets. A "Sea Gray" was chosen for the walls in this room.
- The rest of the condo was painted a "Shaker Beige" with the same color taken down 2 shads and used for the ceilings. The trim was also painted in this color in a semi-gloss.
- The kitchen has 42” wall cabinets in a poplar with toffee stain, the base cabinets had new doors and drawer fronts added and AK painted the frames to match the stain. As a cost-savings measure, AK was able to save the kitchen countertop by not refacing the base cabinets. Under cabinet lighting was also added in the kitchen.