Thanksgiving Kitchen Essentials
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, so it may be too late to outfit your kitchen with the top tools to cook the perfect dinner. But it's never too late to create a wish list of what you might want for next year! If a kitchen remodel is in your future, or you just need to update some of your tools or even if you're looking for some holiday gift ideas for the chef on your list...Here is some of what you need to create your dream Thanksgiving kitchen!
- Warming Drawer - The superior air control of the Wolf Warming Drawer helps keep moist foods moist and crisp foods crisp. In addition to stainless steel, an integrated drawer front allows for a custom wood panel and handle hardware. Electronic controls are hidden to allow the unit to become completely integrated with surrounding cabinetry.
- Oven -
- Dual Fuel Range - Named by Good Housekeeping "Dual-Fuel Ranges: Splurge Pick Winner" the Viking VDSC530-4B-AR is considered the ultimate kitchen showpiece. It comes in 24 colors so it makes excellent dinner conversation, while the gas burners simmer steadily and the electric oven heats evenly!
- Built In Oven - The Bosch 500 Series HBL5450UC has received rave reviews. It's 30" Electric Wall Oven with Genuine European Convection, has 16 Cooking Modes, Glass Touch Controls with Ergonomic Retractable Dials and Meat Probe.
- Dishwasher - TheGE Profile Dishwasher with Smart-Dispense Technology PDWT480RSS may be as close as you can get to having dishes that wash themselves. Its bottom rack is designed so that the soiled sides of plates face the center for better cleaning, and its SmartDispense system lets you prefill detergent for about a month's worth of loads.
- Potato Ricer - Not your average potato ricer, OXO’s model offers three settings—fine, medium and coarse—that expand the tool's uses far beyond producing light, fluffy mashed potatoes. Just select your desired consistency, place cooked vegetables, fruit, eggs and more in the large hopper and squeeze the handles.
- Roaster -Calphalon Unison Sear Nonstick Roaster with Rack: Heavy-gauge hard-anodized aluminum with three interlocking nonstick layers provides excellent heat conduction and uniform cooking; exterior won't chip, peel, stain or scratch. Includes nonstick roasting rack that elevates foods to promote fast, even cooking. Dishwasher safe.
-Thermometer - The secret to cooking roasts and poultry to perfection is a reliable, leave-in thermometer. A digital version lets you select USDA or chef-recommended temperatures for all types of meat, poultry and fish, and signals when the preferred temperature is reached.
-Adjustable Ceramic Peeler - Equipped with an ultrasharp ceramic blade, this precision tool by Kyocera shaves outer layers from produce with effortless speed. The blade is made of zirconium oxide ceramic, which is second only to diamond in hardness and stays sharp far longer than steel.
Info From Good Housekeeping & Williams Sonoma! Find these appliances, tools & gadgets on the web.