eHow has the right idea, "Memorial Day is a time for remembrance and observance, it's also a time for socializing, relaxing and having fun. Plan this year's Memorial Day party with ease. Ask your guests for a little help when it comes to the menu, and reward them with some fun games and party favors." If you're just getting struck by the spirit now, throwing together a fantastic party on your deck or your outdoor living space isn't as hard as you might think!
- Try using Evite for free online invitations. They have many options for Memorial Day parties and you can customize them all. Your guests can even use this forum to discuss potluck options!
- You don't have to spend much on decorations, either! Being as the party is in your beautiful outdoors, nature provides much of the decor. However some red, white and blue touches can bring the theme of the party together. Check out the 4th of July decorations at your local party store for a few festive items, like paper & plasticware so you're not running the dishwasher non-stop!
- Some floral pieces for your tables will be just enough color. Add a small American flag to the vases, or even your potted plants!
- Plan a simple meal. Make it a barbecue event, ask guests to bring their own meats and you'll provide the side dishes, or you can keep it simple and make it a potluck party asking for a dish to pass. Plan on grilling up hot dogs, chicken or hamburgers if you want.
- Prepare a few activities to keep your guests occupied. Kids love crafts in the house or a shaded area of the yard. Set up a table with paper, crayons, glue and scissors. Put a table up with modeling clay, or you could even set up a sand or water activities table. For adults, plan games like horseshoes, bocce ball, Frisbee or a water balloon toss for all.