Our respected colleague, home adviser Brooks Powell, offers Spring Maintenance Services to his clients in Des Moines. Brooks talks about these services in the following way: "Over the past years the “Do-It-Yourself” mentality has had a big impact on homeowners. Various television shows teach us everything from installing a ceiling fan to building a deck. There are countless articles on the Internet aimed to give us the basics on home repair and remodeling. But all of this assumes that we want to spend our evenings and weekends working on one after another house project. A home is a work in progress – there is always something we want or need to repair, improve, or update. And with our increasingly busy personal and work schedules, time is a precious commodity. Sometimes it is quite worth it to hire a handyman. "
Locally, some 300,000 Atlanta area residents look for a handyman each month. It's this time of year as the weather prepares to change again when the need for a handyman, home maintenance and home improvements really spike!
AK provides an innovative service for homeowners; in-home maintenance offering a comprehensive preventive maintenance program to preserve and enhance the value, life, and beauty of your home. AK's service was established to meet the needs of today's busy homeowner and provide our customers with the precious gift of extra time; extra time to spend on things more enjoyable and important to you. AK's Spring Maintenance and Home Improvement services offer items including, but not limited to:
- Inspect the roof for leaks and damaged tiles or shingles
- Check siding for loose pieces and check trim for cracked paint
- Replace exterior caulking that is peeling
- Repair damaged window frames and reinstall screens
- Inspect decks, patios, porches, stairs, and railings for loose pieces and deterioration
- Service the water heater pump and motor
- Clean the air conditioning unit and replace the belt when necessary
- Replace the furnace filter
- Clear slow-moving drains and ensure that plumbing shutoff valves function properly