Ten Tips to Market Your Home
In real estate, good marketing techniques can bring a higher price to your home. Furthermore, good marketing might not always sell your house, but it will keep people coming in to check out your home, which is a great chance of successfully selling your home.
With so many home listings these days, you will find it a tough competition to put your home in the market for sale. Nevertheless, there are several ways that you can do to market your home to sell. Below is a list of how to market your home.
1. Take photos of the front of your home since many homebuyers start their search online, thus nice photos are necessary. When taking pictures of your home, make sure to crop out streets and sidewalks, remove cars in front of your home, avoid shade on your home and shoot up close and angled pictures.
2. Take exterior photos of a spa, tennis courts, clubhouse or pool if you own a town home or a condo unit. If you own a yard, make sure to emphasize the space, remove your pets and children toys, trim the bushes and mow the lawn.
3. Photograph the rooms in your home and make it a point to turn on lights when taking pictures, open blinds and drapes, remove trashcans and focus on interesting features such as the condition of the wooden floor or a fireplace mantle.
4. Put signage to encourage buyers to call you or your real estate agent. Try to ask permission from a neighbor whose house is situated at the corner of a busy street to put a signage in that yard with arrow pointing towards your home.
5. Virtual tours are great help when it comes to marketing your home. It will lead buyers from room to room in your house. You may add music, sound or an exciting and well-written description that scrolls with the tour movement.
6. Advertise your home on the local papers. Check out which papers pull the most readers.
7. If you are selling your home on your own, you can purchase mailing lists from the list of brokers and if a real estate agent represents you, you can inquire regarding direct mail program. You can send out mails to neighbors, agents representing buyers in the area and buyers living in other areas and often relocate in your neighborhood.
8. Try to do an open house, particularly if your home is located near a high traffic area where home buyers often go. Place house signs throughout the place directing buyers to your home, advertise the open house on newspapers and advertise online. Don't forget to invite your neighbors too.
9. If you are using an agent to help sell your home, consider doing an agent or broker tours. Agents who will linger in your property will remember well the details to describe to buyers. The best way to entice agent to linger around is good food. However, food need not be expensive, try serving sandwiches.
10. High technology has made it easier to make and send electronic flyers. Include several photos of your home in your flyers. The cost of electronic flyers could vary, but in general, it is less than $100 to produce.