Whether you are a remodeler, or are considering remodeling, you may be interested in the breakdown (as we've see it) of who is starting projects now and how they are able to do so. The categories truly revolve around one question: What Is Your Renovation Requisite? (aka: what's most important to you about your renovation project?) The answer to this simple question can help any renovation company create a unique remodeling plan that will suit their client's most vital (cardinal, crucial, fundamental, integral, necessary & urgent) need!
- LIMITED BUDGET
- If sticking to their budget is the most crucial factor in a client's renovation project, AK will offer free consulting services. Whether it is combing through our quote or a competitor's, our fourteen years of experience in the industry allow us to easily recognize what is a reasonable quote - and what is not. It also helps us look for alternate, lower priced options. These options could be finding less expensive plumbing fixtures, appliances, cabinetry that still meet the client's quality standards or finding options for reusing existing items! An excellent example of reuse would be this kitchen facelift by AK; nearly all of the cabinetry in the kitchen was existing but was moved around the room to completely change the space! (You can see this kitchens dramatic before and after as part of this slide-show movie; click here!)
- If a client begins the renovation process with a specific budget in mind AK can always offer them options. We are always happy to help educate clients on everything they can do with their current budget, and how much everything on their "wish list" would cost. See more about this in AK's Name Your Own Price blog.
- CHANGING SCOPE
- If you were considering taking on a home renovation for multiple rooms, or even a complete tear-out when there was really only one aspect of the room you didn't like - then narrowing the scope of your project may be helpful. Through our personal meetings with clients, AK's goal is to discover what is the client's main motivation for considering a home renovation. Should lack of time, budget, desire or concerns of resale value interfere with the client's original plans - AK helps by offering ways to scale back the scope of the project. This way, together with the clients, AK can create a custom remodeling plan that solves the problem that was the client's main motivation for the renovation while keeping the project within time and budget constraints.
- PHASED REMODELING
- We've talked about serial remodeling, or phased remodeling before. See that blog here! Serial remodels, or phased remodeling projects, can go over several months and even years. For example, clients might opt to start slow with a remodel to a powder room or closet and then tackle a larger project, such as the kitchen, master bath or home addition. For clients who can’t fund the entire project upfront, breaking elements of a major home remodel into stages can help extend costs over time. Embarking on a series of smaller projects also keeps clients less stressed; and it is always AK's top priority to keep our clients happy!
- BUSINESS AS USUAL
- Yes, for many 2009 renovation clients everything has been business as usual. This still means AK takes time to listen and understand our client’s renovation requisite and their final vision for their new space. We move forward in a timely manner and use only the finest products and materials, and guarantee impeccable quality. To learn more about AK's business as usual, click here!
Please leave your comments: If you're a remodeler, do you agree with these categories? Would you add any?
If you're a remodeling client, or are considering a project, please tell us what your renovation requisite is!
President, CAPS, PMP
Kitchen and Bathroom Designer
"Ensuring Your Renovation Project Brings You Long Lasting Enjoyment!"
Office: 1-866-282-6231Fax: 1-888-539-6734
Cell: 770-335-2694 Email: Ed@AKCompleteHomeRenovations.com
Visit our Website: www.AKAtlanta.com
Winner of the Atlanta 2007 Contractor of The Year Award for Best Kitchen and Best Interior, the GuildQuality GuildMaster with Distinction for 2007 & 2008 and the BBB 2008 Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics.